2024 Debutante Cotillion Season is Underway!
About this Event
The Marietta-Roswell Alumnae Chapter’s Debutante Cotillion Program recognizes the achievements and accomplishments of qualified high school juniors and seniors.
Participation in our program also conveys to college admission officers that the participant is an active leader in her school and community, is highly respected, and is committed to volunteerism in her community and beyond.
This comprehensive eleven month program is designed for young ladies who:
- Demonstrate excellence in academics, exemplary moral standards and active engagement in their local community
- Will be High School Juniors or Seniors by September of the year the Cotillion Ball takes place
- Reside in the metropolitan Atlanta area
- Hold a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Plans to attend a post-secondary institution
Our Debutantes will benefit from their connection to a dynamic organization of women who are high achievers committed to public service. This relationship along with new found friendships offers these young ladies the opportunity to create a unique bond which is like no other.
Yes, being a debutante requires your time, commitment, active participation, and hard work, but the rewards at the end of the journey are immeasurable. Through a series of educational workshops and cultural events, our Debutantes will learn etiquette and social graces, college preparedness skills as well as participate in service projects. These programs are geared to enhance their personal growth as they transition into womanhood.
Our Debutantes have gone on to achieve great accomplishments across the United States. We hope you and your daughter will apply to join us for the next Cotillions season.
Applications must include the following:
- An essay (prompt to be provided)
- A letter of interest in participating as a Debutante
- An official high school transcript
- Three (3) letters of recommendation – referred sources: Church, Community Organization, Teacher or Counselor
- Debutante Registration Form
- Non-refundable entry fee
- A summation of public service activities with brief descriptions of roles and responsibilities (OPTIONAL – Required for consideration for public service award)
Please keep in mind that this is a competitive process, as we limit our Debutantes to ensure we can continue our maximum level of support. Debutantes will be selected based on the quality of application packets received so please ensure that they are complete and representative of your skills and knowledge.
Questions about being a debutante?? See our Debutante FAQs .
For more information about this chapter initiative, please contact the committee chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All of our Debutantes are winners:
- General Scholarship Awards– All presented Debutantes who raise the participation minimum in advertisements and donations (combined) will receive a scholarship award
- Top Scholarship Awards- This award recognizes the top three participants who went above and beyond in securing souvenir journal ads
- Highest GPA Award – The Debutante holding the highest academic grade point average will receive special recognition and a Scholarship Award.
- Public Service Award – The Debutante who has the most achievement in public service will receive special recognition and a Scholarship Award.
- Miss Congeniality – This award recognizes the Debutante voted by her peers as the most congenial during the program period
For more information about this chapter initiative, please contact the committee chair at
MRAC Cotillion History
Marietta-Roswell Alumnae chapter held its first Debutante Cotillion ball in 1992. It’s the longest running cotillion in the Metro Atlanta area. The 11-month program is designed to educate, enlighten and empower young women of the future.
We will celebrate the Chapter’s 17th Biennial Cotillion in 2024.