Marietta-Roswell Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
2020 Debutante Cotillion Application Period Is Open
Deadline is Friday, November 22, 2019
Thank you for your interest in our 2020 Biennial Cotillion: A Scholarship Benefit for Young Women. Our program is for exceptional young women who are successful in their endeavors, a role model to peers, and are future leaders within the community.
About this Event
The Marietta-Roswell Alumnae Chapter’s Debutante Cotillion Program recognizes the achievements and accomplishments of qualified high school juniors and seniors.
Participation in our program also conveys to college admission officers that the participant is an active leader in her school and community, is highly respected, and is committed to volunteerism in her community and beyond.
This comprehensive eleven month program is designed for African American young ladies who:
- Demonstrate excellence in academics, exemplary moral standards and active engagement in their local community
- Will be High School Juniors or Seniors by September of the year the Cotillion Ball takes place.
- Reside in the metropolitan Atlanta area
- Hold a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Plans to attend a post-secondary institution
Our Debutantes will benefit from their connection to a dynamic organization of women who are high achievers committed to public service. This relationship along with new found friendships offers these young ladies the opportunity to create a unique bond which is like no other.
Please click on the link below to submit your application .
Our Debutantes have gone on to achieve great accomplishments across the United States and we hope you or your daughter will apply to join us for our 2020 Season.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a MRAC Debutante. The application period is now closed for our current Cotillion season. Applications for the 2020 Cotillion season will be made available in October 2019. Applications must include the following:
- An essay (prompt to be provided)
- A letter of interest in participating as a Debutante
- An official high school transcript
- Three (3) letters of recommendation – referred sources: Church, Community Organization, Teacher or Counselor
- Debutante Registration Form
- Non-refundable entry fee
- A summation of public service activities with brief descriptions of roles and responsibilities (OPTIONAL – Required for consideration for public service award)
Please keep in mind that this is a competitive process, as we limit our Debutants to ensure we can continue our maximum level of support. Debutantes will be selected based on the quality of application packets received so please ensure that they are complete and representative of your skills and knowledge.
All of our Debutantes are winners:
- General Scholarship Awards– All presented Debutantes who raise the participation minimum in advertisements and donations (combined) will receive a scholarship award
- Top Scholarship Awards- This award recognizes the top three participants who went above and beyond in securing souvenir journal ads
- Highest GPA Award – The Debutante holding the highest academic grade point average will receive special recognition and a Scholarship Award.
- Public Service Award – The Debutante who has the most achievement in public service will receive special recognition and a Scholarship Award.
- Miss Congeniality – This award recognizes the Debutante voted by her peers as the most congenial during the program period
For more information about this chapter initiative, please contact the committee chair at
MRAC Debutante History
Marietta-Roswell Alumnae chapter held its first Debutante Cotillion ball in 1992. It’s the longest running cotillion in the Metro Atlanta area. The 11-month program is designed to educate, enlighten and empower young women of the future.
This year, on November 10, 2018, we are proud to present 30 young ladies in what will be the Chapter’s 14th Biennial Cotillion.