The MRAC Economic Development Committee is committed to encouraging and empowering our community to become financially literate and economically self-sufficient. In fulfilling our commitment to Delta Sigma Theta’s FIVE-POINT Thrust, we seek to provide monthly programming, as well as quarterly and annual events to ensure education and exposure are provided to the community we serve and beyond. We do this through the development and implementation of programs that address the Financial Planning and Consumer Literacy needs of our community.
Greetings! On behalf of the Marietta-Roswell Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc, you are invited to join a “Conversation: Getting Debt Free!” presented by the Economic Development Committee. You will learn tools and received guidance on reducing debt and understanding now to stay DebtFree.
The dfree® Financial Freedom Movement is a faith-based initiative that offers practical strategies for achieving financial success. The National Program Planning and Development Committee, in collaboration with dfree®, is re-launching the Billion Dollar Challenge (BDC) to encourage the reduction of debt. Also being introduced is a savings component that aligns with Delta’s Financial Fortitude initiative focusing on increasing assets and building wealth.
EVERY 3rd Tuesday of the Month
Dial-in Number: 1-605-475-6333
Participant Access Code: 3136057
The Community Economic Empowerment Summit 2019 is near. Save the dates and stay tuned for more information!
Financial Literacy TIPS for February 2019
Making preparations for completing the 2018 tax return
- Find a Copy of Last Year’s Return
- Choose a Preparer
- Schedule an Appointment
- Gather Your Information Returns (e.g. W2 if you have a job, Form SSA-1099, if you received Social Security benefits, etc.…)
- Get Your Receipts Together
- Gather Records for Charitable Contributions
- First Year for Most Tax Law Changes: the individual healthcare mandate brought in some changes
- Make a List ofPersonal Information (e.g. addresses of vacation homes and rental property, SS# of the dependents you claim )
- Decide Whether to Ask for a Filing Extension
- Decide What to Do About a Refund
For additional information:https://www.investopedia.com/articles/pf/07/tax_prep.asp
For more information about the chapter’s initiatives around this thrust, please contact the committee chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.