Dedicated Energetic Active Respected Sorors (DEARS) who are sixty-two years of age and older. They share a great wealth of knowledge and history. MRAC Delta D.E.A.R.S are examples of what public service, leadership, compassion and dedication look like. With appreciation for the many years of dedication and service to Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. we honor them, we embrace their awesome legacy, and the shoulders for which we stand.
Delta Dears Sisterhood Circle is called the Silver Circle!
- There are over 60 Delta Dears in MRAC
- They incorporate birthday celebrations in monthly lunch gatherings
- Many of the Dears attend both the Regional Conferences and National Conventions
- The Silver Circle Strollers rehearse regularly, as they prepare to perform at Sisterhood Events, and the yearly Delta Dear Celebration
- Here’s a listing of the events/activities that the Dears support:
- Donate annually to the United Way School Box Project. Our goal is to donate 100 Shoe Boxes
- Relay for Life
- Voter Registration
- Assist with and donate to the Power Ferry Pearls
- Assist the International Awareness & Involvement Committee with World AIDS Day
- Volunteer with the Salvation Army